Sunday, August 1, 2010

Shark Week

Nothing says “morbid fascination” like Shark Week. I love it as much as the next guy, but I don’t understand why I love it. I mean, how many times can you hear the same story: “I was spear-fishing in shark infested waters, and this great white came out of nowhere and tried to take/succeeded in taking my leg off! Unbelievable! No, I'm not angry at the shark. Why would you ask that?” ?? And how does your everyday shark-attack survivor feel about the fact that I find his experience so entertaining that, while I merely “make it through” the other 51 weeks of the year, this 52nd week – Shark Week – makes my life worth living? When I am attacked by a shark and the Discovery channel comes knocking, I’m gonna be like “Mind your own business.”

4 comments:

  1. Did you know sharks have a week dedicated to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, you are the most interesting man in the room. world? i forget what they call him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you filed this entry under mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like that you noticed that. :)

    ReplyDelete